I am a web UI and database developer at BioMarin in San Rafael, CA.
- currently into
- Elm, JS - React, Baobab, FixedDataTable, Backbone, Marionette, jQuery
- Tools - Tape, Mocha/Chai/Sinon, Webpack, Brunch, Gulp, Browserify, Docco
- Dataviz - D3, BioJS, Crossfilter, dc.js, processing.js
- Design Kits - Semantic UI, Material UI, Bootstrap, FontAwesome
- RDBMS - MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle
- NoSQL - Neo4j, CouchDB/PouchDB, Vertica
- Services - Node/Hapi, Falcor/JSONGraph, Relay/GraphQL
- Data - bioinformatics, genomics, biologic meta data, ontologies
- coaching my son's soccer team
triathlons, ultra running, cycling
slides - from talks i've given
- Cypher vs SQL
- Informatics in Drug Discovery, 2013. (Novartis internal.)
- A JS Interest Group presentation. (Novartis internal.)
- An example web app that demonstrates using the myvariantjs lib to query MyVariant.info
appshots - example pics of things i've built
- Variants Viewer
- A full-stack web app for calculating gene mutation incidence rates associated rare diseases in ethnic sub-populations.
- A prototype web system for running backend research informatics python scripts against genomics data.
- An Oncology research web app for shRNA data.
- A research web app for registering biological samples.
- A set of prototype and prod CouchDB apps.
- An Oncology research web app for publishing study data to an internal Sharepoint repo.